ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED.
Remaining slots will be available to walk ins on a first-come, first-served basis. We do still have space available, so please join us!
Boston Dance Alliance 2018 Open Call Audition and
Dancer Health Day
Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:15 a.m. -5 p.m.
The Dance Complex
536 Mass Ave
Central Square, Cambridge, MA
Doors open at 9:15 a.m.
All Classes take place in Studio 1 a.k.a. Julie Ince Thompson Theatre.
- Classes are $5 each ($20/day if you take all 4 style offerings). Refunds are available until Thursday, September 13, and will not be granted after that time.
- Each class is limited to 35 participants.
- Each sesssion is structured as a master class, there are not cuts. Choreographers interested in hiring dancers will be observing these classes, but will not make contact with any dancers until after the day is complete to ensure that the environment is pressure-free.
- Please note, you must be 18 years old to participate. You must also sign a liability waiver and a photo/video release form.
- Choreographers and artistic directors/staff must be current members of Boston Dance Alliance or Stage Source in order to receive follow-up information on participants.
- Outside observers are welcome.
- Participants are welcome to warm up in Studio 4 (upstairs) anytime from 9:15 am - 3:30 pm. Please come to audition classes warmed up and ready to dance.
10:00 am -11:00 am Ballet with Janelle Gilchrist
11:15 am -12:30 pm Modern Session A* with Kurt Douglas
12:45 pm - 2:00 pm Modern Session B* with Kurt Douglas
2:15 pm - 3:15 pm Jazz Dance with Jim Viera
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Afro-Carribean with "Lady" Elizabeth Pabon-Szebeda
*Dancers are limited to one modern class